Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant who will work closely with the Director, Finance and Junior Accountant maintaining our clients financial health while managing administrative affairs. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance of a leading NPO that is doing work globally to better the communities it works with.
- Full cycle of accounting with particular attention to project revenue, cost and budget tracking
- Payroll and time allocation processing
- Provide financial updates to project managers
- Intercompany reconciliations focusing on all inter-company transactions and generating invoices, as necessary
- Regularly perform Balance Sheet, Job costing and all sub-ledger reconciliations
- Month end journal entries and foreign exchange revaluation
- Troubleshoot software related issues and supervise Junior Accountant with respect to accounting procedures
- Prepare annual financial statements
- Facilitate annual financial and ad-hoc compliance audits
- Assist Director of Finance with any finance department related tasks
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role, and related professional designation (CPA, ACCA)
- Confident with full-cycle accounting and financial statement preparation
- Must have foreign currency transaction and non-Canadian dollar reporting experience
- Flexibility, time-driven deadlines and high level of organization
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365 - SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) is a requirement
- Experience with Dynamics 365 and Jet Reports is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Must be a team player
Note: proof of vaccination status will be requested at time of offer.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.