Horizon Recruitment is working very closely with the Partners of a growing CPA firm to identify a Sr. Accountant, Assurance to join their team as they prepare for additional growth within the firm. With an increase in demand from their client base and a need for talented individuals the Partners aim to identify an individual who is motivated to build a long term career in a small to mid sized public practice firm. The Sr. Accountant will work closely with the Partners, Managers and team to complete engagements with a diverse client base that includes publicly traded companies, private enterprise, not for profits and small businesses. We are looking for an individual who has completed their CPA and has a keen long-term interest in public practice with a great family atmosphere and culture.
- Preparation with compilation, review, audit and bookkeeping including completion of all paperless working papers, adjusting journal entries and financial statements.
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with management or engagement partner and develop resolutions to resolve issues and errors
- Ability to handle multiple engagements at one time
- Completion of routine account analysis and bookkeeping using established procedures
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Tracking and reporting billable time in accordance with the Firm’s specifications
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- CPA designation
- 1-3 years of recent Canadian accounting experience in public practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of audit concepts and effectively apply knowledge to client situations
- Familiarity with CaseWare, QuickBooks and tax software systems
- Critical thinking, ability to identify issues and provide solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner
- Capacity to manage, develop, retain and mentor junior professionals
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.