Horizon Recruitment is searching for a Sourcing Manager to join our client's centralized procurement team. The Sourcing Manager will lead a small team of procurement specialists and will be responsible for the development of sourcing strategies and templates required to source a wide variety of complex vendor services and equipment.
You will also lead complex sourcing processes and will liaise closely with business unit managers.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to the client’s longer term business strategy.
- Guide stakeholders in procurement processes and risk mitigation guidelines
- Plan and executes all stages of the sourcing process to meet timelines and strategy objectives
- Lead procurement team through a portfolio of sourcing projects
- Communicates, monitors, and manages compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process.
- Manages directly or supports the business to manage contracts and the performance of suppliers and ensures that performance issues are quickly resolved.
- Stays abreast of supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practices in sourcing and contract management.
- Seeks to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes.
- Reports performance data for assigned categories and/or key business processes.
- Works collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure full understanding and support of category management, sourcing and contract management key processes.
- Develops relationships with key contacts at all levels
- Mentors other Supply Chain staff as required.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, operations, engineering or equivalent.
- SCMP certification or other equivalent SCM certification is preferred.
- 5-8 years sourcing and/or contract management experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in relevant industry; in an environment that is complex, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations. Prefer balance of private and public sector experience.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing and contract management for multi-year and multi-million contracts
- Experience leading a team and mentoring supply chain staff
- Knowledge of: public sector purchasing procedures, supplier processes, receiving and inspection procedures and quality management procedures.
- Experience with large ERP Systems such as SAP, Peoplesoft, JDE etc is preferred.
- Expert in software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively initiate and maintain strongly influential business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Able to lead through influence, utilize business acumen to determine best course of action and trade-offs, utilize excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to not only adapt to change but to also support change within supply chain and more broadly across the organization.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.