Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for an experienced, site based Project Controls Manager for one of our busy BC based mining clients for a 12 month contract.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the role will oversee a number of aspects associated with ensuring the project comes in on time and within budget. These include developing procurement budgets for major costs, planning and scheduling activities, cost controls and information management.
The role will liaise with a number of different departments and act as the bridge between project operations and corporate head office. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and prioritize many ongoing assignments and will have experience working on rotation at site.
- Develop and maintain procurement package budgets and cost forecasts
- Provide Contract administration support to a large team with diverse project requirements
- Create and maintain EVM forecasts
- Manage and forecast project contingency requirements, escalation, Forex, currencies etc.
- Establishing and managing payment schedules, project schedules and budgets
- Monitor vendor progress on contract deliverables
- Monitoring, reporting and management of non-conformance's
- Perform financial accountability including, invoice verification and approval, monthly accruals and monitoring contract task budgets
- Negotiate claims and facilitate dispute resolution processes
- Engineering degree
- PEng, ASc, CCP, CEP, PMP or other similar designations preferred.
- 10 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a construction or mining environment
- 5 years leadership experience
- Proven experience in a site based project controls role
- Primavera P6 and Prism software experience
- Expert level Excel skills including routine creation of Macros and complex formulas
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and other BI data management tools
- Strong knowledge of EPC environments
- Experience developing budgets and forecasts for complex capital projects
- Experience preparing Earned Value Management forecasts and reporting
- Experience with Risk Management methodologies
- Superior communications skills are a must in this role
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.