Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for a Procurement and Contracts Lead to manage operations on rotation at our clients established mining operations. This role will also manage contracts for a capital construction projects and major equipment upgrades, while representing the owner's interests throughout the planning and construction phase.
- Develop contract strategies to minimize risk
- Manage vendor sourcing activities
- Manage all post-award vendor relationships with site contractors and service providers
- Act as owners representative in all contractual interactions with vendors.
- Negotiate all change orders, claims, and scope inquiries
- Track project budgets and schedules for contract portfolio
- Assist with the development of scope of work and RFx for construction tenders
- Liaise with project managers, engineers and construction/site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 10+ years of experience working onsite with proven ability to manage vendor contracts and performance.
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration/contract management
- Strong pre-award sourcing/procurement experience.
- Experience with Risk assessment and risk management
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.