*** Note: This opportunity requires relocating to Ontario. We are looking for candidates in the Calgary market that would be interested in roles outside of Calgary. *****
Horizon Recruitment is working with leading manufacturers with global operations and a long rich history of innovation and excellence. Our client has an excellent brand and is well respected across Canada and around the world. We are recruiting a Controller for one of their manufacturing facilities. The Controller supports the General Manager providing insight into all financial matters as it relates to the performance of the manufacturing, costing and financial standing of the site.
The Controller is responsible for giving visibility to management (project costs and overheads) and providing quality information on time so that management can make adequate decisions. They proactively monitor the financial performance of activities. The Controller will also coordinate and direct the budget, forecast and strategic plan processes within the site. The Controller will proactively communicate policies, directives and procedures relating to financial controls that are necessary for the preparation and presentation of operating plans. Finally, the Controller acts as a business partner with management.
· Organize and direct the budgeting process (initiate, instruct, support, control, consolidate) with business partners.
· Analyze results, help decision making with financial reports
· Prepare key presentations and financial analyzes
· Make a link with current and future requirements for change or accounting treatment
· Conduct ad hoc Analyzes
· Lead the month-end process at the site
· Analyze & recommend corrective and proactive measures regarding business processes to improve financial results
· Support the implementation of finance projects
· Develop a network with cross-functional site teams
· Ensure synergy and good communication between financial and commercial partners
· Prepare / present monthly operational reviews and financial reviews to business partners.
· Consolidate the explanations of the different functions in order to communicate the key messages.
· Experience 2-5 years in a similar responsibility,
· Having worked in an international environment would be an asset
· Strong analytical skills
· Microsoft Office (Excel) and SAP / BI systems skills
· Good knowledge of the financial processes/systems of an international company
· Good communicator
· Sense of priorities
· Great sense of autonomy
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and a search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.