Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for an experienced Site Contracts and Commercial Manager with strong claims and commercial management experience to join one of our BC based clients. Our client requires a candidate with experience managing large civil construction services and equipment contracts, including managing complex change orders and claim negotiations. Initially a 12-month contract position, this role is working on a portfolio of projects and has the potential for contract extensions.
The position will work on a 14/7 rotation.
- Manage high profile / complex post award vendor relationships
- Negotiate all change orders, claims and scope inquiries
- Manage claim negotiations with reference to legal terms and conditions, as well as construction planning and schedule constraints
- Track project budgets, performance metrics, and schedules for contract portfolio
- Manage risk profile for construction contracts and ensure stakeholders are kept up to date on progress and change orders.
- Liaise with legal team, project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in law, Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management disciplines.
- 10+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally within an EPC environment.
- 8+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Utilities Oil & Gas etc.
- Must have proven experience negotiating construction claims and major change orders
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.