Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for an experienced Shop Buyer who will work at our client's office in Calgary AB. Our client is running multiple projects in the province and has a requirement for a Buyer who can work in a fast paced project setting. The Buyer will be responsible for building relationships internally to support project requirements and to ensuring the smooth supply of required materials and goods.
- Preparing purchasing plans that properly allocate identified risks between our client and vendors to meet the objectives of the projects
- Monitor internal inventory and replenish as necessary
- Procurement of various materials such as; lumber, drywall, fittings, nails, glues, etc.
- Build and maintain working relationships with clients and stakeholders within the organization and participate on cross-functional teams through the sourcing, negotiation and contract transitioning stages
- Track and monitor procurement milestones to ensure deliverables are achieved as scheduled/on-time
- Perform contract management duties for large supply contracts purchases.
- Monitor vendor performance ensuring plans, metrics, and monitoring tools are in place to ensure quality, delivery, compliance to specifications, price, ethics and overall business conditions are met
- Manage supplier relationships
- 3+ years’ experience providing relevant procurement and contract management services
- Have experience working in a construction setting
- Understands different procurement models and methodologies and their applications
- Comfortable working on site in a high paced and demanding environment
- Exemplary written and oral presentation skills
- PMAC/SCMP or CPP designation will be valued
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.