Horizon Recruitment has been engaged by an exciting business and accomplished team within a start-up environment. Our client has asked us to identify their first tax professional to establish the function within the company and build the group for the future. We’re looking for a Senior Tax Analyst. The Senior Tax Analyst will work closely with leadership to understand the business and build a strong and robust tax strategy. They will also lead the implementation of tax planning strategies and partner closely with the product and finance teams for full responsibility of all tax initiatives.
- Communicate technical tax issues clearly to business leaders and work effectively across all levels of internal process owners and external advisors.
- Monitor tax compliance items to proactively track all tax filing requirements, deadlines, and payments.
- Prepare and review working papers to support Canadian and US corporate tax returns. Manage tax service providers to ensure compliance and timely filings.
- Oversee the compliance process for indirect tax including sales and use tax (US & international), GST, PST, and other related filings.
- Manage external and regulatory audits and examinations as required and ensure robust audit documentation is available.
- Assess and optimize positions around key opportunities and corporate requirements (transfer pricing approach and support) and direct external advisors accordingly.
- Perform tax research on innovative new and stay up to date on developments and changes in tax laws and tax accounting guidance.
- Minimum of 5 years experience including managing Canadian and US tax compliance, transfer pricing, indirect and consumption taxes, SR&ED, cross border tax, and accounting for deferred income taxes.
- Experience with tax implementation projects for high-growth, high transaction volume companies is a strong plus.
- CPA or equivalent.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
- Proven experience building strong relationships with senior management, external service providers, business partners, etc.
- Demonstrated success in environments that require managing ambiguity and multiple deadlines among various stakeholders and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.