Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for an experienced Project Cost Controller for for our Vancouver clients project delivery team. Our client has a large number of active capital projects and has an immediate need for an individual to join their team to help drive their projects forward. The Project Cost Controller will report to the Director, Project Controls and will work with a team of individuals responsible for the entire project portfolio.
- Work with the team to ensure that cost controls decisions are made on accurate and timely cost, schedule and progress performance information.
- Plan and implement cost control resources, processes and tools on a portfolio of major projects.
- Apply policies and procedures for the area of project cost controls on the assigned major project.
- Assist the management team with the improvement of company policies and procedures.
- Complete various duties appropriate for the smooth implementation of the job within assigned projects.
- Strong skills in the area of budgeting, cost controls, cost system application and construction cost management including strong understanding or Earned Value Management Principles
- Strong skills and knowledge with PRISM, PRISM G2 or Primavera software
- Good understanding of the areas of estimating, scheduling and overall project and construction management is essential
- Good skills and knowledge of overall project implementation management processes
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong critical and conceptual thinking skills
- A graduate degree in an engineering discipline is desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management and cost controls
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.