Horizon Recruitment Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Procurement Specialist for a 12 month contract opportunity with one of our Lower Mainland clients.
As the Senior Procurement Specialist you will manage a portfolio of vendors, covering major equipment, project materials, and operational supplies in a large project based environment. You will lead the procurement planning and strategy for the portfolio and will require strong organisation and communication skills. You will work closely with cross functional teams to manage vendor engagement and contracts.
- Manage procurement and contracts strategies for assigned portfolio of vendors
- Champion continuous improvement within the supply chain team
- Manage key vendor negotiations and ongoing relationships to ensure best in class service is provided
- Manage tender process including RFP/RFQ’s, Contract terms and conditions and contract negotiations
- Generate, maintain and verify daily procurement metrics
- Communication of project progress to Leadership Team
- 5-10 years of experience in a procurement position
- Strong experience with both project based and manufacturing procurement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with International suppliers
- Experience working in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment would an asset
- Supply Management designation e.g. PMAC (or equivalent)
- Experience with large scale ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, JDE etc)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.