Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for a Senior Procurement Specialist to join our BC Based client on a 6-month contract position. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a large portfolio of vendor sourcing projects. You will manage the tender process for equipment, services and materials required for a diverse and complex operations group.
- Develop procurement and strategic sourcing strategies to minimize risk for the company and ensure high quality and competitive rates.
- Prepare and evaluate bids and conduct negotiations to put contract agreements in place
- Manage vendor negotiations to ensure terms and conditions conform to business requirements
- Ensure contract terms and conditions minimize risk of quality or schedule issues
- Manage vendor KPI’s and escalate issues when required
- Work closely with engineering and project managers to ensure scope of work is defined accurately for tenders
- 5+ years of experience managing major vendor sourcing projects for materials and equipment.
- Experience writing, negotiating and preparing contract documents
- Experience or exposure to large scale operations with diverse vendor requirements
- Hands on, proactive approach to strategic sourcing and vendor engagement
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are expected
- Experience working in a complex, large scale environment
- Proven ability to manage shifting priorities, deliverable and multiple stakeholders
- University level training and education in procurement, engineering, or construction management
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.