Horizon Recruitment Inc. is searching for an experienced Senior Procurement Specialist to join our large BC based client. This position will be required to manage large procurement projects, liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure scope of work and procurement / contracting strategy minimizes risk and cost to the organization.
- Manage procurement projects for equipment and materials required for large capital projects
- Liaise with Engineering, Project managers, Construction management and Legal teams to develop scope and vendor contracts
- Lead major procurement processes and assist with complex negotiations and escalations
- Manage vendor inquiries and clarifications
- Bid evaluation and vendor negotiations
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience working in a project environment
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- Exceptional communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.