Horizon Recruitment Inc. has partnered with a large public sector organization to identify a Senior Procurement Specialist to work on major sourcing projects across the organisation. This role reports to the Procurement Director and requires extensive communications with internal and external stakeholders in a very high volume and complex environment.
- Administer and lead all aspects of sourcing projects including weekly management reporting, project budgets and controls.
- Advise and guide internal stakeholders on project barriers and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and mitigate risks.
- Quickly assimilate market and supply chain knowledge related to complex services and supply chain issues.
- Operate as an internal focal point for project activities generating and maintaining internal stakeholder approval and buy-in.
- Providing project support and guidance to project staff as appropriate.
- Support Procurement Director as required and directed.
- At least 5 years’ experience working on major procurement projects within a large and complex organisation.
- Strong experience managing major outsourcing projects and experience evaluating and selecting major software solutions.
- Strong procurement strategy and negotiation skills.
- Experience working within a Public Sector organisation or experience with Health related projects is a distinct advantage.
- Post grad qualifications such as PMP, Prince 2 or a MBA are considered an asset.
- Strong academic record with a Degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Health Services, Medical field).
- Must have a pragmatic and diplomatic approach to managing people and projects.
- Ability to work effectively and cheerfully under pressure.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.