Horizon Recruitment Inc. is searching for an experienced Senior Procurement Advisor to join our large BC based client. This contract position will be required to manage a complex procurement projects, liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure scope of work and procurement / contracting strategy minimizes risk and cost to the organization.
- Manage procurement projects for major capital projects
- Liaise with Engineering, Project managers, Construction management and Legal teams to develop scope and vendor contracts
- Mentor junior team members
- Lead major procurement processes and assist with complex negotiations and escalations
- Manage vendor inquiries and clarifications
- Bid evaluation and vendor negotiations
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience working in a project environment
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- Exceptional communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.