Horizon Recruitment Inc is currently seeking a Senior Supply Chain Consultant with substantial continuous improvement experience to join a growing manufacturing company located in Victoria, BC. You will lead a team of supply chain staff through a project to developing and optimizing systems including demand/supply plans that considers forecasts, availability of material and manufacturing capacity.
This role is responsible for identifying and leading continuous improvement projects across the organisation and will lead project teams through the delivery phase.
Initially a 6-month contract position, this role has the potential for additional extension or conversion to a permanent position.
- Develop and manage project plans to optimize supply planning strategies for an assortment of product ranges at multiple facilities.
- Lead project team and liaise closely with executive team and end users
- Develop and manage reporting and KPI's for supply chain operations
- Responsible for developing demand/supply plans that considers forecasts, availability of material and manufacturing capacity.
- Optimize MRP / ERP systems while implementing planning and inventory strategies.
- Lead continuous improvements to system efficiency and data accuracy.
- Develop reports and dashboards for Key Performance Indicators (KPI) monitoring and reporting and continuous improvement activity for planning.
- Work across the manufacturing operations team globally to ensure demand planning goals are realistically set and managed.
- Work with sales and operations to effectively forecast raw material demands
- Work closely with engineering and product management departments to forecast new product releases and associated raw material demands.
- General inventory planning and production planning activities.
- Appropriate degree education or equivalent relevant experience in business, manufacturing or technology.
- Proven ability to lead supply chain MRP process optimization projects. (Start up, continuous improvement etc)
- Minimum 10 years prior experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment in a planning or scheduling position.
- Proven materials management experience within a high volume, high mix manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong MRP systems skills with proven ability to setup, optimize and maintain MRP system information.
- Advanced Excel skills are essential. Experience with Tableau or PowerBI considered an asset
- Strong communication skills in English and ability to present reports to leadership team
- Meticulous organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced multi-faceted environment.
- Think on your feet and adapt to challenging circumstances with minimum fuss.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.