Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been engaged to identify an outstanding Senior Manager, Risk & Controls. This person will manage a team of auditors and drive the execution of the audit mandate for a leading manufacturing and distribution company with operations across North America. This position provides a great career opportunity for an out-of-the-box thinker with an ability to execute on aggressive plans. The management team believes in providing diversity of tasks and project related work to enable individuals to take on challenging work. Our client is a growing organization and is frequently involved in M&A activity.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of operational and financial internal controls across a number of locations
- Evaluate operational processes and identify opportunities for improvement across the organization. Build support for and implement recommendations and business strategies, plans, and practices.
- Develop and review audit plans and reports and present to Senior Executives
- Mitigate business risks by providing advice and guidance as and when appropriate
- Provide leadership and develop a high performing team by providing hands on guidance and direction
- Drive incremental improvement to the audit function
- Support external auditors and senior management during year end audit and due diligence work
- A recognized Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) in conjunction with specific audit designations such as: CIA, CFE, CISA would be an asset
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Audit with demonstrated expertise and proven ability to develop and manage audit plans in complex environments
- Experience in business process documentation and analysis
- Sound professional judgement coupled with a focus on continuous improvement
- Comfort dealing with senior executives and excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and requirements
- Ability to travel across Canada and US for work purposes (25%) when travel opens up
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.