Horizon Recruitment is seeking a Senior Financial Systems Analyst for one of our large public sector clients on a 12-month contract term. This individual will be responsible for supporting the overall daily operations, systems and business needs of the financial systems within the Corporate Controller’s department.
This person will be part of the team that ensures all information in the system and going to the Corporate Controller's group is accurate, enabling reliable financial reporting. This will require a strong understanding of accounting processes, in particular Accounts Payable. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing tools to automate processes and eliminate redundancies, while maintaining compliance with the organization's policies for financial reporting and internal controls. The successful candidate will also be able to suggest innovative methods of delivering key systems and business information to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders, collecting requirements, and developing & implementing innovative solutions
- Experience documenting business manuals and delivering professional presentations to senior stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement successful business solutions and lead training sessions of business processes
- Advanced technical abilities, proficient with MS Excel, MS Access, VBA, and macros
- Experience with mid-sized to large ERP systems
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem solving capability
- Familiar working in a fast-paced working environment requiring adherence to strict policies and practices
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA designation would be an asset
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.