Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for a large complex client in the public sector. If you love business partnering and building budgets, forecasts, reports and analysis and you have a strong background in accounting...then this is for you! You will be a part of a strong team and will be responsible for an exciting Supply Chain portfolio.
As the Senior Financial Analyst you will work with operational managers and partner with them to manage their budgets across the organization. You will assess and analyze key business processes and budgets. You will work collaboratively across the organization to develop solutions and improvements with operations. The Senior Financial Analyst will develop forecasts, analyze variances and build various reports and models using a wide range of tools. You will be responsible for pulling, consolidating and analyzing data from a variety of locations and assessing and drilling down costing procedures and budgets. The information will be taken and prepared into presentations used for strategic decision making.
- A recognized Accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CA or CMA) is required
- 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, budget preparation, variance analysis
- Demonstrated success in budgeting and forecasting for a portfolio > $50M
- Experience in a growing and changing environment an asset
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with financial planning tools/systems (PeopleSoft) an asset
- Ability to problem solve and work effectively under pressure
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on delivering a high-quality work product.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.