Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst for one of our Lower Mainland clients. They are a large company with geographically dispersed operations.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing a combination of full cycle accounting, financial planning, and analysis support to one of their business units. This will include GL and sub-ledger reconciliations and preparing financial statements. Working with operational managers, you will also perform variance analysis of actuals against budgeted and forecasted. These monthly reports will be used by management for strategic decision making. This role will also include working with a new financial system. Everyone is expected to chip in and help in getting all new processes set up and running smoothly.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical, FP&A or finance capacity
- Completion or near completion of a CPA designation
- Full-cycle accounting experience
- Project accounting experience is an asset
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- A proven ability to communicate effectively with operations
- Strong user of Excel
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and work effectively under pressure
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality work
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.