Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to conduct a search for a Senior Finance Consultant - Joint Ventures with our large enterprise client. Our client operates a JV that manages a $5B portfolio of strategic assets that have annual associated expenditures of over $100M. There is a complex joint ownership and use agreement in place between the partner organizations that governs the ownership, maintenance, and use of this asset mix. A dedicated team with staff from both organizations has been created to support the administration of the agreement. The parties have completed the implementation of many new aspects of the recently amended agreement and are transitioning into the sustainment phase. Due to the scope of changes and obligations between the organizations, the need for this role has been identified. The role will report operationally to the Joint Use Executive, but will also support a number of senior governance committees.
Working as part of the Joint Use Office team that performs all the joint administrative functions of the agreement, you will:
- Provide both financial analysis and business process expertise.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new financial processes and support both the Governance Committees and Project Office in analytical evaluation of current processes and procedures that require updating and alignment.
- Provide critical decision support and analysis for business issues
- Manage complex Special Projects or related work to support the financial and operational management
- Providing key inputs and analysis for critical decision making,the ability to demonstrate neutrality is paramount to success.
- Professional accreditation (CPA, CFA or potentially MBA)
- 5 years senior finance experience in a large complex organization
- Advanced analytical and technical systems capability (ERP, MS Excel)
- Excellent analytical skills and an operational bent to ensure that complex financial requirements of the contract are met.
- Independent, trusted, solution oriented senior leader that has a complete understanding of the underlying work and the financial systems of both organizations will be critical.
- Ability to manage and communicate in a very independent and unbiased manner and recognize that there will be the occasions where the stakeholders interests do not fully align.
- High degree of discretion is required as this role will have access to detailed information related to both organizations operations.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.