Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to partner with one of Canada's iconic brands to identify a strong leader in their warehousing and fulfillment operations located in Vaughan, Ontario. Horizon Recruitment is looking for skilled and committed individuals who will lead the night shift operations of our client's modern, multi-channel distribution facility.
Our client is experiencing high growth and significant increases in distribution volume. The Senior Distribution Centre Supervisor (Afternoons) will play a pivotal role in ensuring the operation runs efficiently, accurately and safely across all functional areas. Successful candidates will be creative in their approach to problem solving with the ability to adapt to change. Our client's culture and high performance ethos will challenge you to achieve and exceed outcomes.
- Supervise large teams of up to 50 - 100 associates per shift during steady state operations
- Drive operational excellence and identify opportunities for strategic improvements
- Take industry effective measures to protect the health and safety of team members
- Inspire and promote performance excellence enabling progressive career development
- Manage and facilitate the inbound/outbound operations of the centre and other off-site storage facilities when required
- Foster inventory accuracy and maximize operational efficiency through utilization of warehouse space
- Ability and willingness to work afternoons from 2PM - 10PM.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a sophisticated KPI-based warehousing/distribution organization
- Proven capability to track and improve performance of associates and business processes
- Proven and best-in-class experience in Warehousing Management, with knowledge of process improvement methods (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Methodology)
- An ability to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow
- A commitment to navigating our internal operations to achieve the best team and business results
- The skills to set clear objectives with an emphasis on accountability
- A dedication to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- An ability to identify, evaluate, and suggest business opportunities top line and bottom line impacts
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain Management