Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for a Cost Accountant with our Vancouver based client.
Our client has expanded their business with new product lines and this newly created position will look at process improvement and efficiency opportunities throughout the manufacturing and production operations.
Reporting to the CFO, the Cost Accountant will be an integral part of the business, providing guidance and advice from a costing and process improvement perspective. You will be responsible for analyzing and communicating the financial impact of the manufacturing process; your ability to build relationships and translate financial information to the manufacturing floor will be a key to your success. You require a leadership mentality and the ability to educate and create buy-in related to costs and labor on the manufacturing floor. You will provide financial perspective to operations and will help with process improvements and recommendations. You will analyze scrap rates and COGS and will update the bill of materials as new products evolve and will combine a solid accounting background with strong analytical skills.
- A professional accounting designation or working towards it would be an asset (CPA, CGA or CMA)
- Experience in a cost accounting role within a manufacturing setting
- Experience with large ERP systems is an asset
- Advanced excel experience required
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships between accounting and manufacturing
- Leadership qualities and ability to educate operational team on financial impact of their actions.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.