Horizon Recruitment is working with a client who is one of Canada’s leading public companies with diverse and complimentary operations that span the globe. Having recently established a new complimentary business division, we are supporting the companies continued growth with the addition of an experienced Senior Accountant.
Under the direction and leadership of the Manager, Accounting, the Senior Corporate Accountant is responsible for setting up financial processes, maintaining effective internal controls, broad accounting functions, preparing, analyzing and forecasting financial results, management reporting, business planning, as well as special projects. The role works closely with other members of the accounting and finance team, as well as our business partners to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Prepare account reconciliations, including affiliate confirmations to support disclosure and compliance requirements.
- Preparation of working papers and audit packages, including liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Timely and accurate preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results.
- Prepare tax provisions and support the tax return preparation requirements.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Commission calculation and verification on a monthly basis.
- Monitor monthly exposure to market conditions and potential derivative accounting.
- Analysis through monitoring financial results and forecasting. This includes building and maintaining the related forecast models to support pricing decisions and profitability analysis, including related transfer pricing and volume impact.
- Understand and monitor the commercial, economic, financial and operational drivers that underpin the suite of customer products offered and contemplated.
- Prepare financial sensitivity analysis and scenarios.
- Timely preparation and delivery of reporting and variance analysis on varying cycles to multiple stakeholders including finance and accounting team members, internal clients as well as Executive audience.
- Extract relevant insight and information from the analysis performed in order to prepare useful reporting for decision making to multiple stakeholders
- Assist in the development of new financial processes, policies, and procedures for the company.
- Participate in the development and implementation of guidelines and best practices that will facilitate the reliable and consistent creation of forecasts and minimize model risk.
- Ensure consistency and alignment of assumptions, forecasts, and models.
- Support preparation of the Annual Business Plan and related monthly forecast updates, including cash requirements.
- Provide ongoing financial support to business operations, including the evaluation of business development opportunities.
- Special projects as required and assigned.
- While there are no direct reports assigned to this role, there is an expectation of training and support for peers and more junior members of the finance team to support collective team objectives
- A recognized accounting designation (CPA) is required.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to engage with internal and external customers.
- Proven track record of high performance and career progression.
- An ability to work effectively across a cross-functional team to deliver on competing priorities and deadlines within the finance team.
- Comfortable working with job duties that morph and include “other duties as assigned”.
- High energy team members who want to be a part of a sales oriented, retail organization.
- Believes that an ideal work environment is collaborative and encourages everyone to bring their best ideas forward.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Alberta) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Finance & Accounting