Horizon Recruitment is seeking an experienced Buyer for our Ontario based client. Our client requires a skilled procurement professional to assist the organization with its ongoing demand and significant pipeline of large project based work. This permanent position is based at the main site of one of their largest assets and represents a significant opportunity to join a large, growing stable organization. The Buyer will purchase a range of specialized products and services. The Buyer will also establish and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and local, national and international supplier communities to ensure effective procurement planning.
- Procure for standardized engineered products for use in the regular operations of the business
- Assist in troubleshooting any irregular situations or problems with immediate manager as they arise.
- Initiate and participate in the development of procurement strategies responsive to requirements and to maintain capable and competitive sources of supply.
- Examine possibilities for cost savings through alternate sourcing.
- Perform business evaluations of potential suppliers and refer technical and financial items to the appropriate specialists for evaluation and qualification.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy. Check technical descriptions and determine if there are regulatory, quality assurance or other special technical requirements and refer to Contract Engineers/Administrators, Procurement Engineering.
- Assess procurement options such as requests for quotations or proposals, and determine the most appropriate.Verify single source acceptability and obtain approval to negotiate.
- Analyze system reports to identify items suitable for commodity contracts. Obtain proposals for supplier(s).
- Negotiate agreements with supplier at appropriate price and service levels using established template.
- Gather information for the preparation or review of tendering documents as required.
- Develop and select the appropriate commercial conditions including, progress payments, holdbacks, duty, foreign exchange, warranty, delivery, transportation and supply and install provisions.
- Prepare and issue bid lists and obtain approvals where there are regulatory requirements or changes or ambiguities to technical requirements which require clarification.
- A two-year course of concentrated study in a program such as Business-Purchasing obtained at a College of Applied Arts and Technology or Community College.
- At least 4 years of procurement experience within a large scale business
- Requires knowledge of purchasing, production methods, inventory and delivery systems, quality management, including contract law, materials forecasting and management, negotiating skills, duties and taxes, insurance, foreign exchange and terms of payment, to carry out the purchasing process.
- Possess solid knowledge of math and basic financial practices and procedures to perform commercial evaluations, assign taxes and duties, and to administer contracts.
- Requires knowledge of business computer applications, and communications.
- Requires a good knowledge of English, both oral and written, to facilitate negotiations and to maintain an effective relationships with suppliers.
- Requires purchasing experience and ability to identify regulatory and safety-related items, schedule and monitor procurement transactions, expedite and provide status information on deliveries, and organize and chair meetings.
- Requires experience in negotiating with suppliers, and in establishing and maintaining good relationships with requisitioners and the supplier community.
- Requires experience utilizing computer software applications, databases, spreadsheets, reports, and an electronic workstation
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.