Horizon Recruitment has an immediate requirement for a Senior Buyer/Planner. The Sr. Buyer Planner will be responsible for purchasing materials to support production of its products and driving KPI’s on price variance, on time delivery and contract negotiations. They will also be responsible for applying analytics as a basis for planning of the purchasing and procurement process, including sourcing, contract negotiations, cost savings, supplier development and performance monitoring.
- Review MRP and negotiate costs, establish contractual terms
- Reduce inventory, on time delivery and manage material price variance
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled
- Manage MRP information and place orders,
- Supplier sourcing, evaluation, selection of hardware, PCB’s, electronic and peripheral components to support manufacturing.
- Support outsourced manufacturing activities such as sourcing, vendor management, contractualization, coordination and monitoring of purchasing inputs and status against order.
- Maintain purchasing data integrity of system within area of responsibility by continuously monitoring purchase and item parameters and revision levels.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems
- Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with supply chain partners
- KPI Scorecards
- Identify, recommend and implement cost savings opportunities to deliver against departmental savings objectives and tracking results
- Analyzing inventory and monitoring supplier costs, quality, delivery and performance measurements to ensure continuous improvement and corrective action as required.
- Minimum BA degree in business /engineering /supply chain management, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant purchasing and inventory management experience in the medical device or electronic manufacturing environment (familiar with PC boards, computers & peripherals, electronic components and packaging materials)
- PMAC, CPP (Certified Professional Purchaser), CPIM, e-sourcing, SCMP designations preferred
- Project Management and Lean Six-Sigma methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain planning processes including purchasing and inventory management
- Negotiation skills and the ability to comprehend new information
- Highly organized with well-developed time-management skills and processes for managing priorities in one’s own work and that of others.
- Contract manufacturing experience beneficial
- Working knowledge of the legal aspects of procurement and contract law
- Knowledge of freight movement
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams.
- Ability to assume responsibility and take independent action.
- Some Travel up to 25% or as required
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered*
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.