Horizon Recruitment Inc is working with a client located North of the GTA who is seeking a Capital and Process Tooling Engineer/Procurement Lead
The Capital and Process Tooling Engineer/Procurement Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the sourcing activities for all capital equipment
- Work with vendors and Process Engineering to identify needs
- Create supplier List for Capital Category
- Maintain a sourcing tracking for all new projects
- Negotiate pricing for new Capital Equipment
- Work with Process Engineering to assess suppliers based on technical and commercial competitiveness.
- Manage Key supplier with standard price agreements
- Present supplier recommendation in conjunction with engineering department
- Ensure capital & process tool sourcing meets program budget at all times
- Monitor the commercial impact of engineering changes on equipment cost and negotiate pricing
- Continuously monitor supplier capability and capacity.
- 3-5 years’ experience in within Heavy Manufacturing
- Experience sourcing robotics, welding tools/fixtures and press equipment.
- Experience with laser welding and joining technologies
- Strong understanding IATF 16949/ISO 14001 requirements
- Good understanding of supplier cost factors related to equipment
*Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.