Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for an experienced Senior Buyer who will work at our client's head office in the Vancouver area. Our client is running multiple projects in the province and has a requirement for a senior buyer who can work in a fast paced project setting. The senior buyer will be responsible for building relationships internally to support project requirements and to ensuring the smooth supply of required materials and goods.
- Preparing purchasing plans that properly allocate identified risks between our client and vendors to meet the objectives of the projects
- Develop and execute competitive bid (RFx) processes
- Build and maintain working relationships with clients and stakeholders within the organization and participate on cross-functional teams through the sourcing, negotiation and contract transitioning stages
- Track and monitor procurement milestones to ensure deliverables are achieved as scheduled/on-time
- Perform contract management duties for large supply contracts and major equipment purchases.
- Monitor vendor performance ensuring plans, metrics, and monitoring tools are in place to ensure quality, delivery, compliance to specifications, price, ethics and overall business conditions are met
- Manage supplier relationships
- 5+ years’ experience providing relevant procurement and contract management services
- Have worked in large scale projects involving significant engineering, environmental, technical and safety components, complex procurement strategies and contract plans
- Understands different procurement models and methodologies and their applications
- Comfortable working on site in a high paced and demanding environment
- Exemplary written and oral presentation skills
- PMAC/SCMP or CPP designation will be valued
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.