Horizon Recruitment is working with a local food distribution company to find a Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist (National Accounts), to be responsible for ensuring national account payments are received in a timely manner and all A/R transactions are conducted in accordance with established policies and procedures. The appointee will also perform collections, reporting functions and general clerical duties.
- Ensuring receivables are collected in a timely manner while maintaining good customer relationships.
- Providing customer service regarding invoice or billing discrepancies, process refunds, handle bad debts write offs and account settlements.
- In coordination with the AR Manager, monitor and maintain an ongoing and proactive review of new and existing national account customers through a collaborative effort with AR, Sales, and Finance teams.
- Maintain and track records of collection activities, credit change terms, customer requests and other AR related activities.
- Resolving payment discrepancies.
- Negotiating payment arrangements for delinquent accounts.
- Responding promptly to client questions and concerns.
- New account Set-up/Deactivations/Reactivations
- Updating account terms and account information
- 5-7 years’ relevant work experience with processing full-cycle A/R, billings and collections, and general accounting
- Directly relevant experience handling AR and collections with national accounts
- Proficiency with accounting programs/software (previous experience with SAGE 300 is preferred)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong accuracy and numeric typing speed
- Efficient organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to handle a variety of complex tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and capable of communicating effectively with all departments, customers, and the management team
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.