Horizon Recruitment is conducting a recruit for a Senior Accounts Payable Clerk for a role with a growing company with a fast paced energetic environment. The company has a combination of manufacturing and retail operations in an exciting vertical with a tone of potential for expansion. The Accounting team is looking to add a resourceful and dedicated member to their AP team. We are looking for an individual who has a solutions mindset, takes pride in following up to ensure accuracy and is solid communicator for those situations that require working with others to find solutions. The Senior Accounts Payable Clerk will join a team of 3 other AP members and will report into the Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have a combination of AP and accounting knowledge experience. This role will work from the office and longer term will have the ability to work from home on Fridays. The interview process will be a combination of video conference and face to face meetings.
- Processing AP including cheque runs in a high volume or complex environment
- Review and approve the work of junior staff
- Bank account reconciliations
- Month end journal entries
- Reconciling the General Ledger accounts
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Assist external auditors as part of the year end audit
- Perform ad-hoc tasks where needed
- Working towards an accounting designation is preferred (PEP or PREP program for CPA)
- 2+ years of experience working in a fast paced, multiple-entity environment in Accounts Payable or Accounting
- Excited to learn, and a desire to contribute and grow in the long term
- Strong user level experience with various corporate software applications, any exposure to ERP systems would be valuable
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.