Horizon Recruitment Inc is currently seeking a Senior Accountant - Special Projects for a top client in the manufacturing and distribution industry with operations globally. Reporting to an Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be a go to player for a wide assortment of responsibilities and special projects. You will be flexible and able to assess the needs of the team and then provide solutions and hands on support as needed. Alongside the special projects such as a sales tax overhaul, you will work closely with manufacturing and retail accounting teams to assist with month end closing as well as the audit process (preparing audit files and working papers). The ideal candidate will combine a thorough understanding of accounting with a proven track record in manufacturing, retail or distribution. We are looking for a motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting with experience in manufacturing and distribution preferred
- Experience with month end close and audit process
- Strong ability to develop and interpret financial and accounting information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing work environment
- Self starter who can take initiative with the ability to learn quickly
- Advanced problem solving abilities
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.