Horizon Recruitment Inc is currently seeking a Senior Accountant for a position with one of our lower mainland clients with a specific emphasis on payroll operations and transactions. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the processing of payroll related financial transactions into the financial system, reconciliations of payroll related balance sheet accounts, and providing cost center reports.
Reporting to the Accounting and Finance team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all payroll transactions are accounted for accurately. You will work closely with the payroll department but will not be processing payroll yourself. You will be producing a variety of payroll and benefits reports and ensure postings are accurate and reconciled regularly. Responsible for payroll journal entries, expense allocation and tax documents You will be responsible to clean up the processes and the balance sheet liabilities. There is an opportunity to take on a wide variety of tasks and projects with support from the finance team.
- CPA designation is preferred
- 5+ years of experience; payroll accounting, reconciliations, and reporting
- Experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Process improvement and optimization experience
- Team player with organization skills and flexibility to take on ad hoc projects
- Analytical, detail oriented, excellent communication skills
- Strong Excel and Word skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.