Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to hire a Senior Accountant, Financial Systems for a newly created role with a fast-growing national distribution company located in Burnaby. Our client operates a multi-entity environment where disparate systems are undergoing a significant transformation program. This new position plays a strategic role enabling the business to increase its velocity to scale. The role is highly visible and provides an exceptional opportunity for someone who has an interest in further developing their systems, data management and reporting skill sets. Working closely with the Corporate Controller, President and entire accounting team the Senior Accountant, Financial Systems will support the finance team through the conversion of our clients’ financial systems (Sage 300 to SAP Business One). The Senior Accountant, Financial Systems will also provide general accounting coverage to the accounting team as and when required. The Senior Accountant is a data and systems savvy professional with the aptitude to develop processes to validate and verify inventory and pricing data. The Senior Accountant will be required to ensure the information in financial systems is accurate and ensure confidence for reporting purposes.
- Work with managers, technical staff and users to implement SAP Business One
- Provide ad-hoc general accounting support as required including:
- Assisting in the review of accounting - fixed assets, pricing, costs, AR
- Perform data validation (inventory, pricing) to ensure complete and accurate transfer of historical data
- Assist in user acceptance testing, identifying any system or process issues
- Troubleshooting and fixing finance related system issues
- Collaborating with IT and Finance team members to meet business requirements
- Documentation of new processes and procedures, identifying business process inefficiencies and recommending improvements
- Training and supporting Finance team members in the use of the new system and procedures
- Amend and document updates to internal controls (preventative and detective) to ensure quality
- Provide assurance over financial data so integrity is maintained
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert and keeping abreast of ERP systems’ capabilities
- Recognized university degree with a specialization in accounting and in possession of a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with at least 4-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel to process and analyze large datasets
- Experience with mid sized ERP systems (Sage, SAP Business One)
- Adaptable and eager to learn and deploy new systems and tools
- Long-term approach and ability to think ahead to provide future-proof solutions
- An open and articulate communicator with strong analysis, presentation, and written communication skills
- Capable of working independently and autonomously while at the same time contributes effectively as a member of the finance management team; considers themselves a major contributor in the achievement of operational and financial goals
- An individual not afraid to bring forth innovative ideas and be considered an enabler who champions best practices to promote organizational effectiveness. Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance, continual improvement, elimination of waste, attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to perform concurrent tasks / projects, change priorities and reallocate resources as applicable
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.