Horizon Recruitment Inc has been engaged to identify a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting for a large publicly listed company based in Vancouver. They are looking for a Big 4 CPA with experience and a portfolio of large international public clients (and therefore exposure to USGAAP and IFRS).
The Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting will work closely with the Manager, Financial Reporting and support the corporate reporting process for the company. You will be hands on with financial reporting and will also have the opportunity to suggest and roll out in process improvement initiatives. There have been lots of improvements already rolled out (new accounting system, new consolidations system) and there is ample opportunity for you to take on other projects as they evolve. Your role will involve some SOX compliance, primarily as it relates to new processes and initiatives. You will be an integral team member and will play a key role in the financial reporting function of the organization. You will be dynamic and capable of performing in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- CPA designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) is required
- Experience working on public company clients in public practice is preferred (US GAAP, IFRS)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, leadership skills
- Driven, motivated, self directed with an ability to work independently as part of a high performing team
- Good problem solving, analytical and trouble-shooting abilities
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.