Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting. This role could be located in our clients offices here in Calgary, AB or remote anywhere in Canada.
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Reporting, the Senior Accountant will be part of the financial reporting team. The position is responsible for completing all high-level accounting tasks for partnerships. The role is responsible for calculating and documenting distributable cash and initiating payment to our partners. They will review distributable royalties booked by the business units, related to our partnerships. From a financial reporting perspective, they will be responsible for creating various reports, including financial statements and notes, and distributing across internal departments. They will prepare year-end packages and be involved in both internal and external audits. In addition, the role will also be responsible for completing all monthly reporting requirements for the company's asset-based credit facility (“ABL”).
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a self-motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic individual with strong initiative and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills who is looking for a career in a fast-growing organization. This person must be highly organized, with excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for our legal entities for internal management, tax, and board review
- Oversee the maintenance of legal entities within the Company’s financial reporting cloud based software
- Calculate non-controlling interest and management fees
- Prepare detailed quarterly reports (including quantitative data and analysis of results) for presentation to Senior Management and distribution to Indigenous partners
- Calculate balances owing to Indigenous partners based on the various partnership agreements
- Calculate distributable cash in the partnerships on a quarterly basis and make recommendations regarding distributions
- Assist in the preparation of related party and minority interest disclosures for our financial statements and MD&A
- Prepare all monthly reporting requirements for our asset-based credit facility (“ABL”)
- Assist in the annual audits of the ABL
- Assist In the compilation of fleet appraisals for ABL
- Assist with the maintenance of the company’s financial close software including data clean-up
- Prepare all StatsCan reporting on a quarterly basis
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Ad hoc projects, as required
- Professional accounting designation required (3+ years of post-designation experience preferred)
- Joint Venture/Partnership accounting experience is a strong asset
- Experience in preparing year-end packages, including financial statements and notes
- Previous experience in internal and external audits
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated initiative to problem solve
- Possess a professional and ethical attitude with the ability to manage concurrent deadlines.
- Working experience with SAP Business One, Wdesk and Oracle EPM Cloud considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, capable of professional interaction with various levels of operations and other departments
- Pro-active, self-starter
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and motivated team player with excellent customer service skills
- Must be fluent in English, both oral and written
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.