Horizon Recruitment is recruiting for a newly created role with our growing mining clients financial reporting team. The Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting will join a talented team of financial reporting professionals who ensure that the consolidated financial statements are produced with effectively. The team is skilled, committed and prides themselves on flexibility and support. The team is mentored by a Director who believes in work/life balance, flexibility and producing high quality work. The Senior Accountant will join a team of 12 and have opportunities for growth and advancement.
Senior Accountant prepares accounting records to support periodic financial closes and related consolidated financial reporting; as well as overseeing, coordinating, and directing activities, projects and initiatives related to ICFR. This is a multi-jurisdictional, international growing mining organization.
- Review regional reporting packages and prepare corporate consolidation adjustments for non-operating companies and select operating companies.
- Review of regional inventory schedules and preparation of corporate inventory schedules.
- Review of regional property, plant and equipment schedules and preparation of corporate PPE schedules.
- Prepare monthly cash flow schedules.
- Communicate regularly with regional accounting offices.
- Perform intercompany reconciliation and prepare elimination entries for capitalizations, loans and associated interest charges.
- Prepare external financial reporting support including but not limited to Financial Statement notes.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide supporting documentation for financial and Sox audits
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 2 years of post-designation accounting experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience with complex consolidations for a global multi-jurisdictional, multi-currency organization.
- Experience with the COSO-2013 controls framework and SOX internal controls standards and related required SOX documentation
- process narratives, flowcharts, risk- assessment workbooks
- Knowledge of intermediate Microsoft Excel functions
- Excellent analytical and reconciliation abilities.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain