Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Senior Accountant for a growing Real Estate investment company. Our client is looking to add some extra horsepower to their team, so someone with Property or Development Accounting would be a huge plus. This role would start as a contract (3-6 months) with the hopes of it turning in to a permanent role for the right person.
- Responsibility for corporate operational accounting
- Account for the timely and accurate completion of all accounting activities for an assigned portfolio of real estate investments and developments
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and in compliance with all standards
- Responsible for the year end budget processes and the portfolio's monthly and annual reporting cycle
- Ensure year-end adjustments for common area, operating costs and taxes are processed on time
- Provide oversight and management of outsourced property accounting relationship
- Experience in development or property accounting is preferred
- Public practice experience would be an asset (Real Estate or Property Management clients ideal)
- Designated or pursuing a CPA designation with minimum 3 years of experience
- Positive "can do" attitude and a proven history of high performance
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.