Horizon Recruitment Inc has been engaged to identify a Senior Accountant who can lead the accounting function for a smaller division of a diverse group of companies. This person will lead the division through an updating of processes and procedures while maintaining the full cycle accounting. This position provides a great opportunity for someone to join a stable company with sustainable growth.
- All accounting from entry to trial balance, preparing the monthly and year-end reconciliations, and financial statements
- Supervise and support AR and become cross trained to cover the position in their absence
- Manage, administer, and record payroll, employee benefits, and corporate insurance
- Develop, prepare, and present financial reports for management decision making
- Support the GM with ad hoc requests
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) or applicable work experience
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Good knowledge of ASPE and an understanding of current Canadian corporate and indirect taxation
- Experience with corporate governance regulations and IFRS
- 5+ years of experience in an environment with multiple projects
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.