Horizon Recruitment is working with an impressive organization with an incredible culture, very strong leadership and record of consistency and stability. Our client plays an important role in the global supply chain serving major industrial clients. We are recruiting a Senior Accountant to join a tight knit team that is leading the companies change initiatives and modernization of there finance, reporting and project execution capabilities. This role will work with a great group of people that are truely a pleasure to be around, they are focused, engaged, selfless and genuine. This isn't any Senior Accountant role and provides an opportunity for stabilitiy, interesting work and opportunities to work on a variety of projects and gain exposure that likely wouldn't exist in most organizations. If you're looking for a long term career move this could be it.
- Full Cycle Accounting - ensures all transactions are recorded and in accordance with IFRS.
- Supports the activities regarding external auditors.
- Ensures all payments received are deposited and recorded in a timely manner and manages day to day operational banking activities.
- Support the Controller in the preparation of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for shareholders, management team, regulatory bodies, lenders, governments and other stakeholders.
- Prepares timely and effective variance reports and Shareholder Cost of Service statements that reflect the Cost of Service Procedures. Ensures changes to the Cost of Service Procedures are incorporated into the Cost of Service allocations in a timely manner.
- Assists Controller and establishes and maintains systems and procedures for all departments in the control and development of their operating and capital budgets (as required) and forecasts.
- Brings information from industrial systems into ERP, analyzes and converts data into information for end-users to utilize.
- Manages the ongoing development and enhancement of Information System, taking a lead role in the financial and reporting applications.
- In conjunction with the Controller, establishes and maintains appropriate internal checks and controls to ensure the accuracy of information and the existence of appropriate safeguards to protect assets.
- CPA Designation and Bachelor’s degree in business administration;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in senior Accounting or related role.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with quality and accuracy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Positive attitude and willingness to accept new projects as required.
- Ability to follow through on all assigned tasks, meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical, communications, organizational, problem solving, priority setting skills
- Solid knowledge of ERP systems and reporting systems to supply the most accurate financial and analytical information. JD Edwards Preferred.
- “Make it happen” type of person with a “can do” positive attitude
- Continuous improvement mindset and constantly improving and developing processes, controls and reporting
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.