Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Senior Accountant for a Victoria based construction contractor with a rich history of growth and client satisfaction. Our client is a wall and ceiling contracting company with a focus on commercial and industrial projects that has built a reputation for service excellence and has built strong long-term relationships with its clients. The Senior Accountant manages all accounting functions of the company. The position reports to the President.
- Administration of accounts receivable, payable and payroll
- Remittance of GST, PST, union fees, WCB fees, and employees benefits
- Company books and reporting, including individual job costing and profitability reports
- Compilation of monthly and quarterly financial packages (company scorecards, IS, BS)
- Preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- Liaison with external tax and legal and banking advisors
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of the construction industry is preferred but not necessary
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong working knowledge of accounting including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and tax
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication (both oral and written), organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance and Supply Chain.
To APPLY and view similar postings please visit “Your Career” at www.horizonrecruit.com.