Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to recruit a Senior Accountant for an entrepreneurial import/export business within the agricultural sector. Our client has several associated companies in a fast growing industry which represents career opportunities for involvement with improvement projects and chances to develop new skills as the business expands. This is an opportunity to work with a well functioning team that has a long-term focus on success.
The Senior Accountant will be tasked with interesting projects in addition to the standard financial accounting requirements including developing new systems and process for tracking accounts receivables. The leadership team is looking for a creative thinker who can work with stakeholders across the company including sales, inventory management, accounting and IT to improve AR and business processes.
- Assist in driving monthly and annual financial reporting processes
- Establish internal control procedures as necessary
- Prepare costing information as necessary for export, import and manufacturing and advise on cost variances
- Maintain, process and provide analysis of credit cards used by sales team
- Inventory control management and analysis
- Process bank reconciliations
- Projects related responsibilities will include
- Liaise closely with Sales and Order Management to reconcile account disputes and deductions
- Maintain customer files and optimize information processing
- Process customer payments including cash, credit card, cheques EFT's and wire transferes
- Assist in designing and developing process and structure that allows the organization to scale payment processing and AR
- Collect, reconcile and manage customer accounts
- 3 - 5 years professional accounting experience in a mid sized professional enterprise
- CPA designation or near completion
- Business related education from a technical institute or university
- Strong systems capabilities including advanced skills in MS Excel
- Excellent written and spoke communication capability to deal with a wide variety of customers and stakeholders
- Excellent work ethic an open honest approach.
- Due to the nature of our clients business this role requires an individual who can work with the team in office on a full time basis.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.