Horizon Recruitment Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant for a large public sector team with a focus on Accounts Receivable. You will have strong team management experience and a process improvement mindset. This role requires extensive leadership and communication with internal and external customers in a very high volume and fast paced environment.
- Strategic planning and coordination with other key departments for improved processes for organization wide billing and accounts receivable
- Drive the team to reach processing objectives while ensuring adherence to internal controls and with a strong focus on customer service
- Oversight of related aspects of the Billing Information Systems, including day end/period end close
- Direction and mentoring of a large team of union and non union staff including staff development, performance reviews and general leadership to the supervision staff and rest of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot between Information Systems and General Ledger
- Provide advice and expertise to the billing and accounts receivable teams
- Ensure that all related policies and procedures are up-to-date, relevant and followed
- Positively represent the accounting department with all internal customers
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- 5+ years in a related role working in complex automated environments, understanding of data flow and information systems
- Strong understanding of full billing cycle including AR, collections and billings coupled with strong process improvement experience (identification and implementation of process changes)
- Experience managing a large team with a preference for specific experience in union environments (team of at least 5+ people)
- Customer service focus coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain