Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for a stand out Senior Accountant to join the accounting team for our growing client. This is a great opportunity for someone at an Intermediate level to take the next step in their career. This unique situation is tailor made for someone to learn the business and company while it ramps up operations, thus adding new responsibilities.
Working at the divisional level, the Senior Accountant will be part of the team responsible for the full-cycle accounting of one of the largest holdings for the Company. This would include overseeing inventories and cost of sales for the hospitality business. You will also be counted on to review financial and operational processes, internal controls, and reporting systems to find areas to increase revenues or reduce costs and become more efficient.
- A professional designation (CA, CPA, CMA or CGA) or nearing completion.
- 2-3+ years in a large, complex organization doing full-cycle accounting
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success in a similar role
- Advanced Excel and report generation skills.
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- Solid knowledge of current accounting principles and rules
- An open and articulate communicator with strong analysis, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain