Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for a stand out Senior Accountant to join the accounting team for our growing client. This position brought on by continued growth and is well suited for a designated CPA looking for that next step in their accounting career.
Working in the head office with the corporate accounting team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for all retail accounting functions including analysis and review of month-end P&L financials and maintaining fixed assets and depreciation. The Senior Accountant will also work closely with the Financial Reporting group to prepare various supporting schedules and working papers for external auditors.
In addition, this position will support continued growth in this high paced and entrepreneurial company. Working with leadership on ad-hoc reporting and business decision support projects..
- A professional designation (CA, CPA, CMA or CGA) is required
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success in a similar role
- Advanced Excel and report generation skills.
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- Solid knowledge of current accounting principles and rules
- An open and articulate communicator with strong analysis, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain