On March 4th, 2019 Red Recruitment was acquired by Horizon Recruitment. Orange is the new Red! To learn more about the acquisition visit: https://www.horizonrecruit.com/calgary-acquisition and watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFHryvUyq4
Our client is an exciting, growth focussed equity investment fund with a strong management team and an incredible history of philanthropic success. As a result of continued fund growth, an opportunity exists to add a newly designated CPA with a strong audit background.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance & Accounting, the Senior Accountant will partake in all aspects of the financial reporting and day-to-day accounting for the entities under fund management. This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and related disclosures, the development, and maintenance of internal control systems, and the maintenance of detailed accounting records.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, be deadline-driven and take pride in delivering high-quality results. An interest in philanthropic focused activities, with a strong passion for community investment and team-based success, would be an excellent attribute for the successful candidate to possess.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate quarterly and annual financial statements and related disclosures
- Prepare both corporate and group consolidated financial statement working papers
- Assist in the preparation of well-written and organized MD&A
- Review subsidiary monthly and quarterly working papers for accuracy
- Prepare balance sheet account and bank reconciliations
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders including tax advisors, senior management, and external auditors
- Identify, investigate, and resolve significant accounting issues affecting the company, including analyzing and taking a position on issues, and drafting applicable accounting memos
- Preparation of payables, payroll, and day-to-day accounting as required
- Assist in developing, improving and issuing timely monthly management reporting for both senior management and the Board of Directors
- Aid in developing and monitoring internal control systems
- Preparing and filing quarterly GST returns
Qualifications & Experience:
- Chartered Accountant (CPA) designation, with 3-5 years of audit experience
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, accounting research, and external financial reporting for public entities
- Possess strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with fund reporting or private equity audits an advantage
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess a continuous improvement mentality that seeks to improve efficiency and quality of processes
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.