Horizon Recruitment Inc has been engaged to identify a Senior Accountant who can lead the accounting function for a smaller division of a large group of companies. This person will help the division through an updating of processes and procedures while maintaining the full cycle accounting. The Senior Accountant will be a very hands on person who is comfortable doing whatever is necessary. This position provides a great opportunity for someone to join a company in a fast growing and interesting industry. This is a one year contract to cover a maternity leave.
- All accounting from entry to trial balance, preparing the monthly and year-end reconciliations, and financial statements
- Supervise and support AP and become cross trained to cover the position in their absence
- Take care of all AR issues which may include collections
- Develop, prepare, and present financial reports for management decision making
- Support the GM with ad hoc requests
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) or applicable work experience
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and an understanding of current Canadian corporate and indirect taxation
- 5+ years of experience in an environment with multiple projects
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.