Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant to help support a steady non profit organization that truly provides value to society. The Senior Accountant will work as a part of a finance team to manage the full cycle accounting and funding administration for all of their programs and projects. This is a very well rounded position as you will also be responsible for analysis and budgeting for the organization.
- Prepare financial statements and manage day-to-day accounting functions
- Perform complex accounting duties and liaise with auditors
- Ensure accuracy of accounting transactions and manage account analysis and bank reconciliation processes
- Budgeting and analysis for programs including fund allocation, trend analysis, impact analysis
- Designated CPA or nearing completion of CPA preferred
- Strong all around accounting skills including knowledge of GAAP - non profit experience a plus
- Excellent people skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to problem solve and roll up your sleeves!
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups) and strong computer skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.