Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Regional Controller with a U.S.-based commercial and industrial heating and refrigeration service company that has recently expanded into Canada through strategic acquisitions. With competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package, our client offers an excellent culture and an exciting place to work. This is a great time to join our clients team at a high-growth stage and build several key accounting processes. A successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years experience preferably in a construction company. The Regional Controller will serve as an integral part of the management team of operating entities it supports to ensure the BU meets key operational and financial goals.
- Ensure sound processes and tools to accurately record and report the activity of the operating entities it supports are in place, maintained, and monitored. The Regional Controller will need to effectively collaborate with the Account Executive Team, Service Operations Team, Information Technology, and the Centralized Accounting and HQ (Consolidation teams) teams to ensure its success.
- Develop and implement financial systems, policies (GAAP/IFRS), controls (governance, segregation of duties, checks and review), and procedures (timely closes and account reconciliations) to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the Business Unit’s results for statutory, tax. and managerial purposes.
- Prepare and/or coordinate financial reports/audits, ensuring compliance to government regulations (compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirement and company policy), including a balance sheet, a statement of income, a statement of cash flows and a statement of shareholders' equity on a monthly and annual basis.
- Recruit, train, and manage accounting personnel under their control and perform ongoing evaluations. Establishing short- and long-range departmental goals; and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals. Additionally, to ensure their team is effectively interfacing with other departments in the Business Unit and with HQ functions.
- Collaborate with the leaders to provide information, insights and analysis to business activity and trends to ensure optimal results (contributions) and growth are achieved. The Regional Controller will develop financial projects to assist management in creating short and long-term financial goals and strategies. Collect and measure financial data to analyze financial performance and present findings to management. Work with management to coordinate and/or prepare annual budgets, budget processing, and forecasts.
- When needed, manage the integration of business units acquired including assuring accurate reporting and integrating their “systems” into the corporate standards.
- CPA with 7-10 years of progressively responsible accounting experience preferably in construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Experience with Sage, AccPac, Great Plains a plus
- Strong knowledge of IFRS/GAAP
- Quality approach to work, with an appreciation for procedures and controls
- Strong decision-making skills and attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- International financial statement consolidation
- Foreign exchange
- High degree of leadership, personal accountability, and problem-solving skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.