Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Senior Accountant, Real Estate for a large public sector client in Calgary. Our client is a significant player in their industry and offers an excellent opportunity for a career oriented accountant with a "can do" attitude.
- Account for the timely and accurate completion of all accounting activities for an assigned portfolio of real estate investments including financial reporting and analysis.
- Provide analysis for due diligence for potential acquisitions and deals
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and in compliance with all standards
- Responsible for the year end budget processes and the portfolio's monthly and annual reporting cycle
- Ensure year-end adjustments for common area, operating costs and taxes are processed on time
- Ensure revised rental notices are sent on time to ensure maximum collection and accurate budgeting
- Designated CPA with knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience - real estate or property management preferred
- Positive "can do" attitude and a proven history of high performance
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.