Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Materials Specialist to join our client's operations team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will handle raw material inventory levels to ensure production schedules can be met. You will manage delivery to multiple manufacturing facilities ensuring materials arrive as per manufacturing requirements within tight timelines and with limited storage space.
- Manage review process for all existing transportation and warehousing vendors
- Manage logistics, distribution, and warehousing relationships for a national operation with a broad variety of clients
- Expedite raw material deliveries for Bulk, rail, TL / LTL shipments
- Manage carrier information and agreements in ERP system (SAP)
- Expedite order ready dates and supplier documentation
- Liaise with purchasing and vendors to ensure constant supply of materials / finished goods at competitive rates
- Liaise and build relationships with suppliers and vendors (internal and external)
- Arrange consolidated shipments and/or warehousing as per facility requirements
- Create and review logistics and warehousing KPIs
- Post-secondary education related to Logistics, Supply Chain or International Freight Forwarding (CiTT, PLog etc)
- APICS Certification preferred
- 5 years of work experience inbound shipping at a freight forwarder, manufacturer or distribution operation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of other large ERP systems. SAP experience is an asset
- Organized, meticulous, punctual and reliable even in stressful and deadline driven situations
- Analytical skills, problem solving abilities and creative thinking
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.